A Carroll County woman faces multiple charges after biting a law officer following her arrest Wednesday.
According to Carroll County Sheriff J.B. Gardner, Lauren Markee Baker, 25, of 1189 Iron Ridge Road in Carroll County, was arrested Dec. 30 after a traffic stop by Sgt. Barry Lineberry. Baker was arrested in the Hebron community after Sgt. Lineberry observed her driving on Hebron Road.
“Ms. Baker was not cooperative and when removed from the car, bit Sgt. Linebrerry on the arm,” Gardner said in a press release. “Sgt. Lineberry was treated and released at Twin County Regional Hospital.”
In addition to felonious assault of a law enforcement officer and misdemeanor resisting arrest, Gardner said Baker was charged with:
* Felony malicious wounding of an individual in Galax on August 30, 2015.
* Misdemeanor threat by phone on July 31, 2015
* Felony destruction of property in Grayson County on Dec. 10, 2015
* Misdemeanor possession of untaxed whiskey
* Misdemeanor using a false identification
* Misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.
“Ms. Baker was also served with a Capias for failing to appear in the Carroll County Circuit Court and a Capias for failing to appear in the Grayson County Circuit Court for a probation violation,” Gardner said.
Baker is being held in the New River Valley Regional Jail without bond.