Police investigating explosion in Carroll
Bradys to celebrate 75th anniversary Jan. 14
Good Samaritan leads Hillsville Police to arrest for grand larceny, other charges
Man arrested after leading police on chase and wrecking in Carroll
Cana man charged in shooting
- View Story - 8:31 am
- Police investigating explosion in Carroll - 11:22 am updated: 3:31 pm.
- Bradys to celebrate 75th anniversary Jan. 14 - 3:30 pm
- Good Samaritan leads Hillsville Police to arrest for grand larceny, other charges - 11:30 am
- Man arrested after leading police on chase and wrecking in Carroll - 2:25 pm
- Cana man charged in shooting - 4:01 pm
- Carroll woman charged in shooting of husband - 2:23 pm
- High-speed chase leads to stolen vehicle, drug charges in Carroll - 1:43 pm
- Galax man arrested after break-in attempt at residence with woman, small child - 12:06 pm updated: 12:07 pm.
- Multiple accidents causing delays on I-77 in Carroll - 1:10 pm
- Man charged with DUID after wreck knocks out power in Carroll - 4:36 pm updated: 4:36 pm.
- Santa Comes to Hillsville - 2:19 pm
- HES ‘Bloodsuckers’ win state award - 3:48 pm
- Local business giving away a Hatchimal - 3:49 pm
- Huff indicted for involuntary manslaughter - 12:37 pm
- Man airlifted following Tuesday crash near Harmon’s - 5:38 pm
- Carroll man pleads guilty to federal conspiracy charge - 1:24 pm
- Local support keeps Carroll Christmas Fund going strong - 4:20 pm
- ‘Bella Italia’ offers patrons a slice of Italy - 4:39 pm
- Charges dropped in high-speed chase due to insanity plea - 3:14 pm
- Hillsville woman charged after false armed robbery claim - 12:15 am updated: 12:15 am.
- Carroll, Hillsville discussing multi-day fall festival - 3:29 pm
- The Carroll News now accepting Letters To Santa - 4:03 pm
- Hillsville sees holiday season ‘Through A Child’s Eyes’ - 3:52 pm
- Hillsville man arrested in multiple-stabbing incident - 2:07 pm
Multiple accidents causing delays on I-77 in Carroll
Beginning at approximately 11:30 a.m., Monday (Dec. 26), Virginia State Police began responding to a series of chain-reaction crashes on Interstate 77...
Man charged with DUID after wreck knocks out power in Carroll
A Dugspur man has been charged with driving under the influence of drugs in an accident Tuesday that led to him being airlifted and caused thousands t...
Santa Comes to Hillsville
Santa Claus and one of his elves chat with young Manoah Horton. The two dropped in on the Town of Hillsville Employee Christmas and Appreciation Dinne...
HES ‘Bloodsuckers’ win state award
They call themselves the Bloodsuckers, they’ve inked themselves with “tattoos,” they made their own guitars and they “flung po...
Local business giving away a Hatchimal
While the search for the this year’s hottest holiday toy craze – the Hatchimal – has taken many consumers shopping online and overse...
Huff indicted for involuntary manslaughter
A Carroll County Grand Jury handed down an indictment of involuntary manslaughter against a Hillsville woman in the March 25 vehicular death of a Mead...
Cavs get back on track, roll Floyd
Crisp passing on offense and a suffocating defense helped Carroll County’s boys put two rough nights behind them and finish the Fort Chiswell To...
Mattie and the wonderful, awesome, not bad, very good week
Christmas came a week early for Carroll County’s Mattie Kennedy.Four days after scoring her 1,000th career point against Cave Spring on Dec. 13,...
Carroll’s Lundy scores 1,000th career point
It was a shot Carroll County’s Keely Lundy has made a million times, but this one felt different.Taking a pass on the right wing, the Cavalier s...
Kennedy scores 1,000th point in Carroll win
Mattie Kennedy’s 1,000th career point couldn’t have come at a better moment for Carroll County’s basketball team.With her Cavaliers ...
Lady Cavs streak past Floyd in season opener
Mariah Carter collected two steals and scored three layups in a furious span of 18 seconds in the first quarter Wednesday, setting the tone in Carroll...
Experienced Cavs hope to build off strong finish
With two All-Conference 24 players returning, 10 seniors and a talented transfer from Galax, Carroll County’s boys’ basketball team has th...
Letters to Santa provide comic relief
Like most people, Christmas is my favorite time of the year.And, like my most people, I enjoy all the many wonders of the holiday – spending tim...
Much respect for Beamer
I read with much interest the recently published article entitled Beamer’s Retirement Emotional for HHS Classmates, and the editorial entitled B...
Beamer deserves better
Normally this space is reserved for coverage of Virginia Tech’s home football games. By now, if you don’t know the Hokies lost 45-43 in fo...
Lucky to have known ‘Lucky’
Though I never had the pleasure of working with William Daly Woodyard during his 24-year career with The Carroll News, “Lucky,” as he was ...
Stand for something
“If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.”This line kept sticking in my head this week as I began to write a co...
Sleepless nights and poopie diapers – the joy of fatherhood
About a month ago I wrote about turning 40. Today, I write about another life milestone – the birth of my second son, and third child.Our lives ...