Sacrifice is real for Real Money. Real World kids
Audit shows Carroll’s financial health rapidly declining
Cana man faces multiple charges following domestic dispute
A joyful noise
Carroll traffic stop leads to weapons, drug charges
- Sacrifice is real for Real Money. Real World kids - 2:26 pm
- Audit shows Carroll’s financial health rapidly declining - 2:17 pm
- Citizens left with bad taste in mouth over flouride and fees - 4:05 pm updated: 4:05 pm.
- “Like kids in a reality store;” students participate in Real Money. Real World - 12:43 pm
- Pursuit ends in felony charges for Flat Ridge resident - 9:45 am
- Tractor-trailer crash on I-77 claims life of child - 4:43 pm updated: 4:50 pm.
- Lady Cavaliers take Conference 24 title - 1:19 pm
- Cana man faces multiple charges following domestic dispute - 2:47 pm
- A joyful noise - 1:09 pm
- Cana native is serving on USS Lake Champlain - 1:08 pm
- Rusty Shank sentences Kevin Phoenix to ‘Capital Punishment’ - 1:08 pm
- Joy Ranch remembers Bucky Lovern - 1:08 pm
- New van to assist Shriner’s efforts to help kids - 12:19 pm
- Twin County Hospital is accredited chest pain center - 3:31 pm
- Carroll traffic stop leads to weapons, drug charges - 4:03 pm
- Things get ‘bazaar’ March 4 at Woodlawn Ruritan event - 12:26 pm updated: 10:47 am.
- Tolbert resigns from Town Attorney post - 12:53 pm
- Laurel’s ‘Sea Scavengers’ enter global competition - 12:52 pm
- Wooden Nickel Clothing Closet aims to help those in need - 3:47 pm
- Indoor bounce house facility opens in Hillsville - 12:07 pm
- Special sendoff for Carroll’s Special Olympians - 4:04 pm
- VFW hopes to build off success of Church Sisters concert - 3:14 pm
- Hillsville Elementary’s Patriots of the Month - 3:40 pm
- Carroll Board of Supervisors races will be contested - 1:53 pm
- Council told nine vie for Hillsville Farmer’s Market position - 2:25 pm
Cana native is serving on USS Lake Champlain
Boatswain’s Mate 3rd Class Jesse Pedrero, from Cana, Virginia, signals to an MH-60S Sea Hawk helicopter, assigned to Combat Element 1 of the ...
Rusty Shank sentences Kevin Phoenix to ‘Capital Punishment’
American Independent Wrestling Federation (AIWF) Mid Atlantic Wrestling promises justice will be served with a “Capital Punishment” wrestl...
Joy Ranch remembers Bucky Lovern
Joy Ranch, A Christian Home for Children, is saddened by the death of Edward “Bucky” Lovern, a former resident of Joy Ranch and a lifetime...
New van to assist Shriner’s efforts to help kids
The Kazim Hillbillies and Carroll-Grayson Shrine Club members seen locally in Christmas parades and parking cars at Labor Day are the tip of a compass...
Twin County Hospital is accredited chest pain center
GALAX– Twin County Regional Hospital has received Chest Pain Center Accreditation from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC), the ac...
Carroll traffic stop leads to weapons, drug charges
A traffic stop for speeding has led to the arrest of a fugitive from Georgia on weapon charges along with numerous drug charges.According to Carroll C...
Lady Cavs cruise on Senior Night
Carroll County sent its four seniors out in style on Senior Night Friday as the Cavaliers hammered Salem 65-30 in a River Ridge District game in Hills...
JV girls win eighth straight
A 10-0 run in the game’s final three minutes enabled the Carroll County junior varsity girls to survive a scare and record their eighth straight...
Vaught brothers claim wrestling titles for Carroll
Carroll County will send at least six wrestlers to the Region 4-A West Tournament Feb. 11 at Amherst County High School, including a pair of Conferenc...
Five inducted into CCHS Sports Hall of Fame
Five new members were inducted into the Carroll County Sports Hall of Fame on Friday night between the Cavaliers’ varsity basketball games with ...
Total team effort lifts Carroll past Demons
Carroll County built an 18-point lead and knocked down 15-of-18 free throws in the fourth quarter to hold off Christiansburg 70-56 Friday for a River ...
Motley’s Crew extends special night for Carroll coach
On a night when their head coach was inducted into the CCHS Sports Hall of Fame, the Carroll County girls’ basketball team put on a show worthy ...
Letters to Santa provide comic relief
Like most people, Christmas is my favorite time of the year.And, like my most people, I enjoy all the many wonders of the holiday – spending tim...
Much respect for Beamer
I read with much interest the recently published article entitled Beamer’s Retirement Emotional for HHS Classmates, and the editorial entitled B...
Beamer deserves better
Normally this space is reserved for coverage of Virginia Tech’s home football games. By now, if you don’t know the Hokies lost 45-43 in fo...
Lucky to have known ‘Lucky’
Though I never had the pleasure of working with William Daly Woodyard during his 24-year career with The Carroll News, “Lucky,” as he was ...
Stand for something
“If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.”This line kept sticking in my head this week as I began to write a co...
Sleepless nights and poopie diapers – the joy of fatherhood
About a month ago I wrote about turning 40. Today, I write about another life milestone – the birth of my second son, and third child.Our lives ...